So, I sit here in the corner behind the counter at work kinda sad. Why am I sad? Today is my last day at work. Yeap. My time as barista is coming to a close. It has been fun and I will miss it terribly. Its raining and that only makes it worse.
I hate change and by hate I mean I avoid it at all cost. I moved out of the apartment I was sharing with my friend Hank. That evening we were talking about how strange it is...He is getting married and I'm getting ready to leave. Its crazy the way the reality of life settles in on you when even the smallest things like a poster on the wall are different and you realize things are not the way they were. Not to say that things aren't about to be awesome for both of us but...there is comfort found in the familiar. I hate it when friends move away, I hate to move away, I hate having to say good bye and I hate not being certain of what is ahead. Enough about what I hate about it.
I am really just going to miss being around these people. I am really going to miss work. This place has become my second home. I feel comfortable here. I have met a ton of really interesting and unique people here. I have formed friendships here. I have had good arguments, discussions, laughs, hugs and all around good times here. I guess thats what we all call memories.
I look forward to what is ahead. In a short amount of time I hope to be finishing up my preparations to go over to Australia. Do I feel ready? No, not at all. Does anyone ever really feel ready for anything?
Well enough being sentimental. I'm going to miss this place. See you around
Thursday, May 15, 2008
last day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
when do you leave clemson? because we need to hang out. i ended up going to iron man the other day with Hector, and it was awesome especially the sneak peak after the credits. but for real we need to hang out before you leave. i think me, mellisa, and austin are going to see Narnia tomorrow, give me a call.
jason,
i love that you have grown to love jittery joe's. thank you for your time. you have been great to have around and we will miss you. but big things await you, and we are excited about that too!
Post a Comment