Well I wanted to write about what just happened because I thought it was really cool.
I have the privilege of leading a Bible study for several South Koreans that attend our church. We have been meeting for three Saturday evenings and we have grown by three. Our group started out as nine and we have grown to twelve!!!
I think that is really cool at least.
The big thing is this. Tonight the passage I picked to talk to them about started at Mark 12:24. Yea, a big one. So we read it and I elaborated on it the best I could. I made sure that they understood that it was important that if we are to be followers of Jesus that we obey his words and Love God with all we have and that we also love other people.
What happened next is what got me.
One of the girls asked, We have a landlord who charges us a lot of money for many people to live in our house, do we have to love him?
Man talk about a killer. So, Stan and I had a real opportunity to explain that, yes, even if someone is not nice to us God tells us to love them. Now, we also explained that does not mean we just let them get away with it, but even in doing that we treat them well. The conversation went on a little longer and I could really tell she had taken it in and was processing it. Her cheeks looked like she was upset and she briefly stepped out of the room. I didn't get to talk to her afterwards, but she is the one who understand the most English. She is a really nice girl and I can tell that God is moving on her heart.
So after all this Stan had a conversation with one of the new guys. I didn't hear all of it, but he seemed to be asking Stan some really deep questions.
I was actually talking to the group of guys. Most of them live in the same house. I had gradually picked up on the fact that some are indeed believers. Tonight, I got some conformation and then some.
One of the guys asked me if I had seen God. Literally. I explained a little bit about that and that Jesus is in heaven, but that the Holy Spirit is here with us, unseen, but working for God. I then explained that there were people who did meet and see God. The apostles and other people as well. I told him about Thomas, and even after the crucifixion how he doubted. I also told him that Jesus came to him and told him to touch him, to see and feel the wounds of the nails.
And out of nowhere one of them pulls out his Korean bible and finds the passage in John and tells him to read it. So they are reading it and I turn to another one who says this about his friend, he is a virgin to Jesus. Now, I had a hard time understanding that the first time and he said it again and I knew exactly what he was talking about. He looked at me and said, he doesn't understand.
I was floored. Not only by that and what was happening, but by how they were teaching him and that he keeps coming back week after week. It was crazy because after the first question and we prayed to close I felt like God was there with us, we sat around talking and this all just developed in our conversations. It was incredible.
So be praying for my Bible study group and that God continues to move.
Well thats all I have, I have got to get up and preach in the morning. Be praying for that too...I'm pretty tired and still need to polish it up a little.
Saturday, July 26, 2008
bible study
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
isn't God awesome!? Today I think we found that lead singer for the youth band that I have been praying for. Looks like God is doing great work on both sides of the world.
Post a Comment