Thursday, December 4, 2008

Futures

So it has definately been a while since I've made a post.

I've kinda gotten to the point with blogging that I never actually say how I feel or write what I'm thinking. If I can't do that to me there is no point in writing. I'm just always worried who's reading this thing cause I don't really know and worried about what they might think.

So whats been going on?

1. Celebrating Christmas in a tropical climate is taking some getting used to.

2. If I'm honest, I don't know what I'm going to be doing next. I'm quite conflicted. Do I apply here for a position where there is a need for pastors or do I look for a job in the church in the states where they are oversaturated? It's a tough call. The part that makes it difficult is having friends. I love all of my friends but at some point in my life...I'm just not going to be around them all. Its just how life works. College is long over and I just haven't moved on. As much as I would love to work in a church with friends, the likely hood that I'll ever have the opportunity to work with my "pastoral dream team" is in the low percentage.

3. I really just want to have a stable income. I'm tired of this moving around and never settling down bit. I need a solid position in a church somewhere where I can pay my student loans off. Thats all I care about when it comes to my personal comfort of all that jazz. No plasma tv's for me thank you.

If you still read my blog thanks. That one person out there.

4 comments:

Cody Thomas said...

I'm still reading!

I'd love to have you down here in Greenville, but I definitely admire your passion to not necessarily do the "easy" thing!

If you're open to coming back though, email me sometime!

codylthomas@gmail.com

Heath said...

Hey brother, what's your holiday schedule?

Kath said...

I read! or at least I try to keep up. And I think you should feel free to voice whatever you want. Don't worry about what other people think.

I celebrated Christmas in Australia once... we had a family water balloon fight on xmas day :) It was kinda strange

:)

Candace Resler said...

Hey Jas! So I know this probably isn't what you want to hear and I know you know this just as much as I do, but if you completely put everything in God's hands, he will let everything fall into place the way they are supposed to. Maybe not in the manner in which you may have wanted, but it's God...He can do whatever He wants, right? lol. So don't worry so much! He's got you in His hands! lol. But seriously, I pray for you a lot that you will come back having learned more about yourself in every aspect. I think I told you this before, but I feel like this trip may have been more about God's way of letting you learn more about yourself and building you as a strong man and a strong Christian, than about you "expanding His kingdom", as they say.
But anyways, I do pray for you and I do read your blogs! Just because people don't post all the time doesn't mean your thoughts aren't heard. :)
And don't let what other people may think deter you from saying what you want... like the great Dr. Seuss (lol) said... "Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Gotta love that Dr. Seuss huh.
So I hope you enjoy your last days in Australia! Can't wait to catch up with you next time you're in Clemson!!
Sorry this was so long. I tend to be pretty verbose when I write.