Sunday, December 14, 2008

good days

Well this post comes after a very good day. Yesterday the services went off without a hitch. Praise and worhip was great, the sermon was great and it all went smoothly.

We won our first and my last indoor soccer game. Finally! I've been playing keeper for the last 4 weeks and it was the best I've ever played. I blocked a penalty kick for goodness sakes. Well okay when I say penalty kick the dude completely stuffed it and it was moving about the speed of a pass from a 10 years old. Nonetheless, It was a penalty shot.

Afterwards, I went to see the Queensland Roar play the Newcastle Jets. Queensland has never beat them in Suncorp. Never even scored 1 goal against them. Well all of that changed last night. It was absolutely electric. The only issue I had was with some of the fans. I just don't think its team boosting to hurl insults at your players but thats just me.

So whats going on over the next couple of weeks. Let me break it down for you.

1. My flight leaves on the 27th of December.
2. I arrive in the US on the 27th of December (Don't you just love the time warp thing?)
3. On the 28th I believe I'll be going to Asheville to spend a couple days with my sister.
4. On the 31st I believe I will go home, say hello to my parents for a bit and chat and grab my car and then head out again.
5. Probably going to celebrate the New Year in SC but don't really have any plans as of yet.
6. I really really really need a job. I'm gonna need some mad cash and fast! I really gotta get started paying of the students loans that are sinking me quicker than brick in a swimming pool.

I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna have a dime when I land. With that said I'm not looking for charity I'm looking for a means to make some money. Keep your eyes out for me.

7. I wanna know who this Kath is that posted on my last post.

I hope to see everyone real soon. If I struggle to get around to where you live I'm sorry, I've gotta have money to drive :(

4 comments:

Cody Thomas said...

Dude. You are coming down to SC! We've got a free couch. I'll even fill up your car with gas for coming down!

Hank said...

Can't wait for you to come to SC! I'm with Cody, if you make it down I'll top off the tank for you to get home. Gas is $1.34 where me and Kristie are and we'd love to see you. Yesterday I saw a Blue Honda Accord with a dent in the drivers front of the hood and swore it was you.

Cherith Ann said...

hey! Charles and I are going to be in NC for New Years! We should have a bash! :) I think Todd and Jess are going to be there, too! We'd love to see you!

Kath said...

Kath is Katherine Bowyer!!! and we're having a bonfire at my house for new years so now you have new years plans :)