Well I got to do something really really cool on Saturday night. I was on the field at the Clemson/Boston College game for the pre-game and Halftime. It was an incredible experience. To stand on the the field and to look up and see 85 thousand plus people above me was a awe inspiring moment. I got to see the players come on the field, practice and I got to talk to some of the redshirts before the game. I even stood at the bottom of the hill in the endzone for what they call the "most exciting 25 seconds in college football". I stood behind the endzone for the opening kickoff, that was coming at us, It was quite a sight. The whole thing was crazy, loud and very thought provoking.
There I stood on the field, something probably not very many people get to experience in their life and thoughts of God began to creep in. I looked up and saw 85 thousand people. That is a ton of people and I began to wonder and think about how many people knew Jesus and how many people didn't. And I began to think, what if all these people did love Jesus and were this excited what they could do. The possibilities would be endless. I assessed myself and began to see that I have some displaced passion. I'm excited about God and serving him, but I'm not screaming 85 thousand people loud excited...and I really should be. God of the universe verse everything else in my life. I really should be far more excited about what is going on with me and my Creator rather than with me and the rest of Creation.
It is so easy to miss things and to not even know it. I think I've missed a lot of things. I think we miss God moments and opportunities because we got caught up in our lives and the world around us. I believe God knows this and thats why we can sense and feel him even when we aren't looking or paying attention and then He shows up and talks to us when we are least expecting it.
Last night God sat me down for a little talk at a football game. Awesome isn't it.
Sunday, November 18, 2007
On the field in Death Valley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HEY! You better post on here soon!
Post a Comment