Monday, May 5, 2008

good weekend

Well I am enjoying a lovely Monday afternoon sitting in downtown Kings Mountain North Carolina. I'm here visiting a couple of friends, Mike and Jon. I had to travel up here Saturday afternoon and stayed with Mike, woke up early Sunday and drove to Randleman, NC to speak at a church.

It was a great morning. The service was incredible, the worship was great and possibly for the first time ever...I felt like I was in my element. Its so funny the night before I was verbally expressing that I'm not a preacher but a pastor and that it (my sermon) was gonna suck. It went really really well. I was surprised at how comfortable I felt and how I actually communicated my points well. It was a moment of I can do this, thank you God for giving me the strength. I raised 600 dollars for my mission fund which was also great news.

Decided to go watch Iron Man at a DLP theater in Hickory. Iron Man was absolutely amazing. Followed the Iron Man history well, plot was great, cast was amazing, humorous and good bit of action.

Anyway, wanted to drop a quick post. Hope everyone is having a good afternoon.

3 comments:

Hank said...

I'm glad to hear that everything went well this weekend. I'm still waiting for you to post your message so that I can read it. See you soon.

tlphillipsjr said...

Nice-- I was wondering what happened to you when you weren't in Jittery Joe's

Chris Brank said...

you're awesome jason. that is so awesome bout all this australia stuff...it seems to be coming together like clockwork! news from the KOA....mike is back on maintenance. yep. that's right.