Monday, July 14, 2008

Australia!

I will begin with an apology. I am sitting in a Starbucks. This evil place is apparently the only one in all of Australia that has wireless internet and I still have to pay for it. I think we need to bring Jittery Joe's over here.

This past week was incredibly long. I spent the 4th through the 11th in Coolum up on the Sunshine Coast for high school youth camp. It was amazing! The only issue I had the whole time was that it rained for four days. Ugh. Rain on the Sunshine Coast? The Aussies were even stunned by it. It really doesn't rain much here, in fact Caboolture is on water restrictions. I can only shower for four minutes. I guess that means sleeping for another half hour in the shower is now officially over.

Camp really was quite an experience. I felt like an outsider for the first day or so, but that quickly changed. I formed great relationships with the campers and the other leaders. I really look forward to hanging out, encouraging and getting to know all people I had the privilege to meet.

The house I am living in is really nice. I have a room up in the front part of the house with a nice big window to the street. I finally have my car!!! It took some time but I can finally drive. We had to get new plates for it and do the registration dance. It is a 95 Ford Falcon, a nice car, just has got ants all in the interior that I have to get out. The difficult part is remembering that I need to make sure I drive on the left side of the road.

I promise a detailed overview of the week at camp is coming and with pictures. I just need to find a place that doesn't charge me for internet.

No comments: