Tuesday, August 26, 2008

encouragement

Today has been a good day so far.

I got about 7 this morning to get over to Hungry Jacks (Burger King) for the Wednesday pastors meeting. The local pastors get together weekly to discuss community and world issues. We talk about the church, about events that are going on in the area and plan for the future. It really is a great time of fellowship.

After that I went home briefly, did my bible reading for the day and then I came out here.

It was encouraging to get so many emails in response to my newsletter. Encouragement was definitely needed this week.

I started reading Blue like Jazz again. I really love that book but as I was reading it again I realized...there are things I don't like about me. And that is really frustrating at 24 because you feel so...locked in to who you are.

I just started getting really frustrated with myself, my walk with God and God himself. I've been in a pretty crappy mood actually. Irritable is probably a better word for it.

So that has been going on for a couple days. The thing I think that has irritated me the most is the road system of Australia. I'm just going to get this off my chest.

The Australia infrastructure is crap!!!!

You can't make a right hand turn in Caboolture. You have to drive another block to do a U-Turn at a light and the lights go way too quick. It is just frustrating. The highways have no discernible pattern to them. I really believe that who ever designed the layout of the road system here must have gone to the same school as the guy from Atlanta DOT. Seriously, it is terrible. I know the world makes fun of Americans for being stupid, Australians do it a lot. But one thing we do have going for us is a great road system. I mean it really is genius. Odd numbered highways go North and South. Even goes East and West. Simple. Thank you Dwight. D. Eisenhower! Can't you tell how frustrated it has made me? It really has gotten under my skin. Haha and now I end this rant!

One of the other things that I am frustrated by right now is the concept of success. What does it mean to be successful in ministry. I just really don't know. The only answer I feel it should be is seeing people meet Jesus and developing a relationship with Him. But honestly at times I feel like that even though that is the right answer...I'm wrong and about to be told no thats is not what it is and then I'm going to have to sit through a long lesson on what ministry success is. That just rubs me wrong. And i feel so unsuccessful and like I'm doing nothing at times. It is just really taxing on the soul.

So yeah. That is today. Frustrated and soul tired.

So pray for that.

Thanks for the encouragement

1 comment:

Candace Resler said...

...and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me. These things I have spoken unto you, that you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble: but take heart; I have overcome the world!
John 16: 32-33

Keepin you in my prayers! ;) Cheer up and just remember that even though you may not see it now, you are sewing seeds in yourself, as well as in others, that will bear fruit in time and it'll be all the more rewarding. So take heart!