This week sure has been an interesting one. Led worship on Sunday and I thought it went well. By led I mean, I sang sorta, picked the songs and did the announcements. Stuff like that. I won a poker game on Saturday, my first in a very long time. We played for like 10 grand in chips. I pushed all in a couple of times and just kept winning. Reminded me of our late night games in Stu-Be. I could never win. Kinda satisfying.
Well for those that don't know I had a car accident on Tuesday night. It came up a really bad storm here really quick. I was on my way to Redcliffe after dinner and the worst of the storm had passed. Where it all went wrong was in a 60 k curve that is on an 80 k road. Everyone knows that a suggested speed you can usually hold 10 or so faster. Well it was raining and I did go slower. I was probably doing 65 or 70 k and when I came out of the curve I started to speed up. Must have hit a slick spot and spun the car around backwards across the other lane and hit the embankment. I was lucky. 1. Nobody was coming. 2. Don't do any body damage. I was around the block from the National Superintendents house, he came around and helped me out. I drove the car to his house with the bent axle and all. I hit the embankment with so much force I bent the pin that holds the sway bar and moved the secondary sway bar mounts across the bar.
So yesterday I took the the entire rear end out of the car. I've got pictures to prove it. 200 bucks later I put a new rear end in, put the tires back on and lowered the car off the blocks. Car fixed. Well I think so at least. The shocks sound a little funny, but wouldn't have had anything to do with me. It was really satisfying to take it apart and put it all back together.
Anyway, thats been the week so far. Sorta been mind numb the whole week. I have had my newsletter completed since Monday but just haven't had a chance to get it sent out. Probably gonna have it out tomorrow. I'm preaching on Sunday. I can't say I'm super excited about it. More excited about preaching on Sunday night for a youth service.
Trying to get to 100 blog post before my birthday. See you between now and then.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
walking in a fog
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So, let me get this straight...you removed and replaced your rear end. Sad to say the Sox lost and I could whine about a bad call, but we played horrible. Now, I just hope the Phillies humble the imposter Rays. Praying for you. Hope you're doing well. I'm preaching Sunday too.
well frig I'm glad you're still alive. car accidents aren't fun, as we both know by now.
Post a Comment