Monday, October 13, 2008

start of a new week

well last week to be quite honest was crap. Just a long, drawn out, mentally exhausting week. Oh and I preached on Sunday. It went alright I suppose. I'm planning a big youth event for the end of this month. Halloween night to be exact. We'll see how that goes.

Kinda planning it big so I hope we can get a lot of kids to come. Gonna have a Wii bowling tourney, smash bros tourney, guitar hero and the main event which I hope I can pull off is a three on three nerf gauntlet.

We used to do them at the church when I was in youth. They were so much fun. I can remember trying to dodge those little yellow suction cup bullets and trying not to fall into the coat rack along the wall. I still have my ratchet blaster somewhere and as far as I'm concerned I'm still undefeated. The difficult thing is gonna be: 1. Getting enough guns for people. 2. Getting the same guns so its fair. 3. creating and constructing a decent arena.

If you got ideas let me have em.

I've started to ride my bike on a regular basis. I quite enjoy it. It gives me the sense of freedom, kinda the reason I wanted to get a motorbike. Still considering that too. My goal is to get up to 30 k which is like 18 miles. Trying to get rid of the gut and find my long lost abs.

The Red Sox need to shut the Rays down in this next game. We should get a ace showing from Jon Lester. If we can get 7 or 8 innings out of him with a lead of 3 or 4 we can bring in Pap's and close the game out. I do have one question...why was Youk playing second base? I know he's good at just about anywhere you put him but come on. I hope to watch the game tomorrow after noon with a couple from my church. They have satellite and they get the games live. YAY!!

KRISTIE YOU BETTER WATCH!!!!! Hank my teams chances are riding on your wife watching the game.

It is so funny to think that last year at this time I was sitting in Sardie's Den eating wings and watching Boston stick it out and beat the Indians. Kinda funny one of the cooks had money against the Sox. I wonder how he's betting this year. Good times.


My grandmother had congestive heart failure the other day. Seems to be doing fine but she's 81. When my grandfather died I was out at Hatteras. I really pray that grandma is strong enough and holds out til I get home cause...I really just want to see her again. Sucks being a world away sometimes.

The Watchman movie is coming out next year. I'm always excited to hear another comic book adaptation is coming out. I know Alan Moore hates all the movies based on his work but I think this one might be top notch. I read the graphic novel the other day. Kinda hard to follow at parts but over all good. I was kinda shocked at some of the content I wouldn't recommend it to very many people. I know with Zack Snyder directing the movie there will be nudity because well he added it to 300. Definitely won't be going to see it opening day. I'll wait and see the content reviews.

Also reading European History for dummies. Don't ask.

Anyway thats enough for now. I can't decide weather I like numbered lists or paragraphs. I seem to not restrict myself with the lists. Ah well off to bed.

2 comments:

t4stywh34t said...

nerf wars...dang...those were the days

Heath said...

Can't you watch the sox games online? I am very nervous, but it would be nice to clinch at Fenway.