I used that title at the request of my roommate. Today I got some great news. I received 200 dollars worth of support from a church in the Chesapeake district. Really good news in my opinion. That support is worth 10 churches. I'm looking at it like that so it seems huge. It is huge, but I still have along way to go so I can seem small. Plus, 100 dollars I have in my car, plus some I have been personally saving and that gives me about 600. Whoo hooo.
I am honestly just happy that the Pastor returned my call and actually read the letter I sent out.
I titled the blog like I did for another reason...
You know when you call and leave a message on a machine. And the voice mail message goes something like this: Please leave your name and number and we'll get back to you as soon as possible. Well I did and I left a brief message too. I also was smart enough to keep track of churches I left messages with.
So what does that make the churches that don't call me back?
I'm not saying they are bad churches or anything like that. What I am saying is...they didn't call me back.
I just don't know what to make of that really.
So next week I have another round of phone calls ahead of me. I spent the last two calling other districts. Now I'm calling my home ones. Wish me luck.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Liar McLiar Pants
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment