I love baseball!
Last night I had the privilege of seeing a Major League Baseball game. It was incredible, my second one ever. We walked around and absorbed the feel and overwhelming size of the place. We walked down to the field and watched the teams practice, got a few hot dogs and went all the way to the last row in the upper deck to take our seats. When I say last row...I mean the last row. We were high and to the right of home plate but it was incredible. We could see everything going on with the battery (pitcher and catcher) and the whole infield. Charles and I were hoping for extra innings. Well in the 8th the Pirates hit a 3 run shot to put them up 5 runs. What we witnessed next was a great example of fair weather fans. 20 thousand people got up to beat the traffic. Well, I hope they learned a lesson. You don't ever leave a baseball game until it is over! In the bottom of the 9th the Braves scored 5 runs to tie the game. It was an incredible rally. So exciting and fun to watch. Charles and I got our wish. Then the 10th and 11th were tense. In the 12th the Pirates hit another 3 run shot followed by the Braves almost coming back again. It was super exciting...we definitely got our moneys worth. Plus, we moved down to the very last row of the upper deck for the last 5 innings of the game. We got 3 extra innings and even better seats thanks to the fair weather people.
It was a great night. Spent some time with great friends and for a few short hours forgot about the outside world. It was just baseball and fellowship.
I loved it
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Extra Innings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment