Thursday, May 1, 2008

the announcement

Well this is what I've been delaying and putting off for weeks now.

A few weeks ago after talking to Stan (the pastor I'm going to work for) I have decided to leave for Australia as soon as possible. He told me he was retiring in September and that it would be great to have me come over before then. So, I asked him if he thought it would be alright to forgo finishing the support raising process in an effort to take what I have raised now and head over. He said it sounded great even placing some new ideas out on the table (more on those later). He is going to be here in June to go to general conference, I told him that when he leaves on June 20th to go back to Australia that I want to leave with him. I should be able to stay anywhere from 6 to 9 months, I've gotta sort out those detail with Global Partners, that is also what I'm trying to get done today.

So I decided in May that I would stop actively fundraising. I'm speaking at a church Sunday and I'm going to visit my friend Ken and his church in Winnsboro on the 18th so I have a few more things lined up but...I'm not actively pursuing anything.

I have 6 thousand in cash. So that is solid. I have about another thousand coming to me in tax returns and the surplus thing. Still have a solid thousand still out in faith promises. That whole thing will have to change since I'm changing my length of service, some people are well past done on giving to that if that happens (THANKS TO YOU PEOPLE!!!). Still have maybe a thousand from a personal friend and whatever I raise from the two churches.

So yeah thats the gist of it. It is looking good for a solid 6 months potentially 9 when the money issue settles...plus the options that are on the table could add additional time on which would be completely awesome.

I'm stoked, excited, elated, nervous, scared and stressed. June 20th is coming around quick. I don't feel ready...but I started to realize that God doesn't deal with ready people cause none of us are ever ready for what He's about to do.

Well there you have it. The cat is officially out of the big ol' bag.

If you think about me throw up some prayers on my behalf, send me some encouragement and if you have some ideas or anything that might help...believe me it is welcome.

1 comment:

Hank said...

50 Days left in the US. Make'm count! You're gonna do great work with the Aussies.

“Do all you can, as often as you can, to as many as you can, when ever you can, as long as you can!” -John Wesley.