Tuesday, July 29, 2008

random thoughts

This is just several random thoughts that have shot through my mind over the last day or so.

Enjoy.

I am really want the Boston Red Sox to get into the playoffs again this year. They look good, but seem to be struggling. As for Manny's recent trade tirade. I have this to say.

The Red Sox have upheld every agreement the have had with the ball player. They have showed him favor after favor. And he does this crap again! What they need to do is send a message and trade the bum. Yes, I know there are Red Sox fans that probably disagree with me (Heath, maybe even Rob) I realize that he is one of the hottest bats we have. But lets be realistic here, if he keeps pulling this...I am hurting I don't want to play stuff it is going to do damage to the team. And lets also be realistic here, we are a championship team...people want to play in Boston now.

Personally, I love Big Papi, YooooK, Tek and the rest of the team, to me they are the epitome of a team. I have enjoyed watching Manny play, but he has never been concerned or even cared about the team. The rest of the team does. We will survive without Manny Ramirez, we certainly did without Nomar.

Also, I would like to cite Peter Gammon's Blog.

I agree with him 100%.

whew, baseball rant done!

What is up with the weather in Queensland. Isn't this place called the Sunshine State? My travel agent tricked me! Nah, I'm kidding, I love it here. Things are great, different, but great.

I miss people back home like none other. You really don't realize how much people are apart of your life until you leave them on another continent. Thanks for all the support and comments.

I saw a Kangaroo on Sunday!!!!

I drove out to Bribie Island which is 20 minute away and the surfing bug hit me again. So, sometime soon I gotta go surfing. Anyone got a spare board lying around?

I haven't written anything about The Dark Knight. It was incredible. The wait was well worth it. Cast was amazing, Academy Award winning performances that will probably get snubbed by the academy. What do they know anyway, Titanic got best picture. All the boat did was sink. Who doesn't know that story?

I really need to get a bike.

Did I mention I drove a motorcycle? Yeah, I feel the need, the need for speed. The wheels are turning on a far future purchase. Never thought I'd actually consider that. Gas mileage is great! Safety, not so much.

Well, maybe I'll do a random thoughts part deux tomorrow. I promise I'll actually write about significant things.

2 comments:

t4stywh34t said...

The sad thing about the whole Manny deal now is that there's been some talk about the Astros making a trade. Fortunately, it's mostly on fanblogs that have no effect on the real world.

Russell Purvis said...

Wait until the screen actors guild awards. They'll give many to The Dark Knight.